Who Are Valley Rehabilitation?
Valley Rehabilitation are a team of veterinary professionals who have undertaken additional training to become experts in the field of animal rehabilitation.
Our rehabilitation department is available for Valley Vets’ patients and also direct rehabilitation referrals from other primary care vets, without the need to see a Valley Referrals veterinary surgeon first.
In the case of referral, our team will work closely with your own veterinary practice to provide a personal, tailored treatment plan that will provide your pet with the best ongoing care available. Following our assessment and treatment, your pet returns to the care of your local vet. We let them know what we have done and what your pet’s ongoing treatment will involve.
We are fortunate to have our rehabilitation team, including a veterinary physiotherapist and hydrotherapists on site, working closely with our veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses to provide the very best care for all our patients.
The rehabilitation team is available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
What We Offer at Valley Rehabilitation
We offer a rehabilitation service that provides patients with a range of treatment options, alongside an individually tailored plan. We use both physiotherapy and hydrotherapy to help patients recover from a variety of conditions and illness, including common conditions such as arthritis, muscle injuries and general pain management.
Our rehabilitation service can:
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Improve mobility
- Maintain or improve range of motion
- Optimise fracture healing
- Promote wound healing
- Enhance performance
- Increase recovery time
- Improve quality of life
Rehabilitation services that we offer:
- Manual therapies including massage, mobilisations and positional release, passive and active stretches and acupressure
- Electrotherapies such as laser therapy, therapeutic ultrasound, pulsed magnetic field therapy, TENS etc
- Home exercise prescription
An example of conditions that can be improved:
- Orthopaedic conditions including cruciate rupture, hip and elbow dysplasia
- Neurological conditions including spinal disease and degenerative myelopathy
- Muscle, tendon and ligament injuries
- Pain management
- Hydrotherapy can also be incorporated into weight loss programmes to improve fitness levels and aid weight loss
Our Animal Rehabilitation Facilities
Our rehabilitation team is based at Valley Veterinary Hospital, a purpose-built, highly prestigious animal hospital which enables us to provide exceptional levels of care.
We are proud to offer a suite of modern, state-of-the-art facilities for our patients, including:
- A physiotherapy suite
- A hydrotherapy room (with a state-of-the-art hydrotherapy treadmill)
Physiotherapy and hydrotherapy provide unique benefits to pets that other forms of therapy do not.
We allow plenty of time for your pet to meet their therapist, and we progress them at their own, individual pace. Owners are always welcome to stay during the sessions and encourage their pet with treats and positive rewards as needed.
Hydrotherapy, can be a very useful tool in the rehabilitation of dogs, cats, rabbits and a number of exotic species to increase mobility, improve cardiovascular performance and relieve pain.
Our hydrotherapy treadmill can be less intimidating for pets than swimming, especially for those with a fear of water. The treadmill fills quietly from the bottom, allowing our patients to acclimatise into the warm, supportive and relaxing environment.
Meet the Rehabilitation Team
Alysia Redmond - Hydrotherapist