Valley Referrals offer a dedicated small animal orthopaedic referral service. Our surgeons have access to digital radiography, CT scanner, intraoperative X-rays and a purpose build orthopaedic theatre and patient preparation area with a wide range of equipment and implants.
Our orthopaedics service is led by Rob Harry and Joel Alves. Both Rob and Joel are RCVS recognised Advanced Practitioners in Small Animal Surgery and both have a wide breadth of experience and knowledge when dealing with these types of cases.
We are happy to accept a wide variety of orthopaedic cases including traumatology (fractures, dislocations and muscle and tendon injuries), Joint disease (cruciate disease, patella luxations, elbow dysplasia and fissures (HIF), OCD and Lameness investigation and treatment.
Patients treated within our orthopaedic service benefit from:
- Well equipped orthopaedic department
- Digital radiography, CT and intraoperative x-ray facilities
- Dedicated team of experienced surgeons and nurses
- 3 separate dog wards and 2 separate cat wards allowing us to control noise, light and temperatures for individual patients during their recovery.
- Large, glass fronted kennels with air conditioning and individual lighting and deep memory foam orthopaedic mattresses to ensure ALL patients can rest and sleep comfortably
- 24 hour vet and nurse supervision and care