Valley Veterinary Hospital
Valley Veterinary Hospital is located in Gwaelod y Garth (near Castell Coch) and serves Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan, the South Wales Valleys and Newport. Our hospital is the out of hours emergency facility for many practices in Cardiff and the surrounding areas, as well as a local referral facility which offers specialist veterinary care and equipment.
The state-of-the-art, high-tech facility will allow us to provide exceptional care for our patients, and benefits from:
- CT Scanner
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Two X-Ray Suites
- Keyhole Surgery
- Dental Suite
- Six operating theatres
- A dedicated rabbit and exotic pet clinic
- Hydrotherapy unit
- Physiotherapy service (including an in-house physiotherapist)
- Ten consulting rooms
- Separate cat and dog waiting rooms, consulting rooms and wards
- On-site parking
We have a large, client-only, CAR PARK ADJACENT TO THE BUILDING
- We do not close for lunch Monday to Friday.
- All veterinary and nurse consultations are by appointment only, except in emergencies.
- Please contact reception for appointment times and charges.
We are proud to be able to provide exceptional care to our patients and have designed our hospital around their needs, by providing:
- Valley Exotics
- Soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery
- Internal medicine, including cardiology, ultrasonography and endoscopy
- CT scanning
- Dental suite
- Keyhole surgery
- In house rehabilitation team who offer both physiotherapy and hydrotherapy
Alongside our specialist equipment, we have separate dog and cat waiting areas to ensure stress is kept to a minimum, and for any pets who stay with us overnight we have separate wards for cats, dogs and exotics to ensure each patient’s comfort and safety. Our dedicated exotics facility is fully set up to accommodate fluffy, scaly and feathery pets with around the clock care.
We have a large, open reception area and numerous consulting rooms, as well as a private compassion suite with its own access.
In front of the hospital we also have client only parking, which is accessible to all.
Reception Contact Details
029 2000 1454
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reception Enquiries)
* Please note that our reception team are unable to answer clinical queries. For clinical advice, please book an appointment for a consultation with one of our highly trained staff.
Insurance Contact Details
Telephone: 01443 811109
*Please allow 14 working days for insurance forms to be completed.
Reception Opening Hours
Our hospital is open 24/7 for emergencies if you are unable to attend your usual practice. All consultations are appointment only. Please call us on 02920 001 454 to speak with one of our reception team if you need assistance. Please note that our reception team are unable to answer clinical queries.
Our referrals service runs Monday to Friday and needs to be arranged via your usual veterinary practice.
Monday: 08:30 - 18:00
Tuesday: 08:30 - 18:00
Wednesday: 08:30 - 18:00
Thursday: 08:30 - 18:00
Friday: 08:30 - 18:00