Antifreeze and pets don't mix
As the weather gets colder and we start to see frosty mornings, please be aware of the dangers of antifreeze!
Antifreeze has a sweet taste that can be appealing to pets but if ingested can cause severe toxicity that causes the kidneys to shut down and death can quickly occur.
Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, convulsions and collapse.
So keep products well out of the way and if spilled, make sure it is washed away with lots of water.
If you suspect your pet may have had access to antifreeze, please contact us immediately.
Christmas, Chocolate and Dogs
With the countdown to Christmas upon us, we'll be posting useful tips on how to keep your beloved pets safe during the festive period.
Today’s topic is Chocolate.
Chocolate is toxic to dogs and even the smallest amounts can be dangerous. Once consumed, the toxin in chocolate is absorbed quickly and can lead to your dog showing signs of poisoning within a few hours.