You are here

Eddie the dog eats his owners medication

This is Eddie, a 10 year old Dachshund that had eaten his owners medication. (Baclofen - which is treatment for MS, it is a muscle relaxant).

Eddie had ingested 10 times the toxic dose for dogs!! When he got to us he was collapsed and having tremors, within an hour he had stopped breathing!

Eddie was intubated and we ventilated him manually and treated him with an infusion of intralipid (which is a treatment used to help bind the drug).

By morning Eddie was breathing on his own, eating and drinking and much happier! He has miraculously made a full recovery and returned home!!